1. The appointment of His Holiness Paramahamsa Nithyananda as the sole successor junior pontiff to the Shyamala Peetha Sarvajnapeetham is “IRREVOCABLE” and hence he is the undisputed Junior Pontiff and successor to the 292nd Pontiff.
2. The head of the mutt is entitled to appoint a Junior Pandarasannidhi. It is a religious function and not just an administrative function.
3. The Court observed that even HRCE ACT and hence the HRCE board had no jurisdiction to question the appointment of His Holiness Paramahamsa Nithyananda as the Junior Pontiff and the successor to the 292nd pontiff, the 292nd pontiff of the Madurai Adheenam.
4. As per the Tamil Nadu government body HR&CE (Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments) scheme, “In each pontiff’s lifetime, it is not the custom perform acharya abhishekam (to appoint junior pontiff) to more than 1 person.” Acharya abhishekam can be performed by a pontiff only once and only to 1 person. So no one else could be appointed subsequent to His Holiness Paramahamsa Nithyananda as the Junior Pontiff as per law and the tradition of the Shyamala Peetha Sarvajnapeetham as documented in its mother document. (below picture: Mother Document highlights the Acharya abhishekam can be performed by a pontiff only once and only to 1 person)
5. HR&CE had filed a baseless case in 2012 against the 292nd pontiff of the Shyamala Peetha Sarvajnapeetham to intimidate him and force him to remove His Holiness Paramahamsa Nithyananda out of Shyamala Peetha Sarvajnapeetham. They did not includeHis Holiness Paramahamsa Nithyananda in the case as a party even.
6. The High Court of Madras categorically ruled that His Holiness Paramahamsa Nithyananda should be made a party and also made strong further observations.
7. The High Court observed that there was no evidence regarding the allegations of criminal cases or convictions against His Holiness Paramahamsa Nithyananda though that was the basis on which his removal was sought for by the Government.
8. The trial court in Madurai then dismissed the case by the Government body HR&CE, after HR&CE in a flagrant violation of the High Court order refused to amend the plaint to include His Holiness Paramahamsa Nithyananda.
9. In May 2018, a Division Bench of the Madras High Court had also set aside an order disallowing His Holiness Paramahamsa Nithyananda from entering into Shyamala Peetha Sarvajnapeetham or any of its temples as junior pontiff.
10. Substantiated by various rulings of the Supreme Court holding the appointment of the Junior to be a purely religious act protected by the Constitution, the Court observed that “If the right of interference on the question of succession is recognised as a matter of routine, then no head of the Mutt can ever appoint a successor, which is an exclusive personal right of the head of Mutt.”
18 Oct 2012 (OS 1000 of 2012 Principal Sub Judge Madurai)● The HRCE filed a suit against the 292nd Pontiff to pressurize him illegally to revoke the appointment of His Holiness Paramahamsa Nithyananda as the Junior Pontiff. The Supreme Court and the Madras High Court have innumerous decisions held that the appointment of a Junior Pontiff is a purely religious matter and outside the scope of the HR&CE
27 Apr 2012: His Holiness Paramahamsa Nithyananda Appointed● His Holiness Paramahamsa Nithyananda was appointed as Junior Pontiff of the Madurai Adheenam in a very public event and the Senior had showered glowing praises on His Holiness Paramahamsa Nithyananda as the most qualified person to head the Adheenam and as an incarnation of Thirugnanasambandar, the Saint who revived the Shyamala Peetha Sarvajnapeetham 1500 years ago.
History of Shyamala Peetha SarvajnapeethamMadurai Adheenam is a 3000 year old Monastery established by Goddess Meenakshi, the warrior queen of Madurai and revived 1500 years ago by the famous young Shaivite Saint Thirgnanasambandar. Since then, 292 Pontiffs have held the post of the head of the Mutt and His Holiness Paramahamsa Nithyananda.Paramahamsa Nithyananda was appointed as the Junior Pontiff or the successor 293rd Pontiff in April 2012.